Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata
- Data in DJ can be optionally encrypted and replication between servers is encrypted.
- 10-15% performance impact when using encryption on a multimillion entry database.
- Encryption is enabled or disabled on a per backend basis (customers typically have 1-5 backends). You can also configure different settings per backend.
- There is very fine grained control over who can edit what parts of an entry. By default, there are no access control rules, so no access. You add rules to enable specific access.
- If you do a backup, make sure you also backup the configuration (not just the data) because it's necessary for the encryption.
- OpenDJ supports assured replication, with a timeout. It's not typically recommended, though.