Pipeline stage to test AM's file based config upgrades successfully after every commit.
Deployments of AM(FBC) require an upgrade mechanism. The openam-config-upgrader (released within the AM.zip) can upgrade these configuration files. To ensure the upgrader rules are kept up to date the fbc-config-upgrader-tests stage has been added to the postCommit pipeline. The premise is that a known baseline FBC can be upgraded, using the tool and rules, and then used to successfully start up the latest version of AM. See - AME-18809Getting issue details... STATUS
Test failure is an indication to the code committer that a new file based configuration upgrade rule is required on master.
Has its own deployer UpgradedFBCAmDeployer which can be called by the Tests' CLI. The AM-7.0.0 baseline configuration is in the OpenAM git repository along with scripts to generate a new configuration if/when required. There is one upgrade rule to set the configuration version.
- Start with a known set of configuration at a fixed version
- Run the upgrader with the "master" set of rules
- Start AM with the upgraded configuration
- Verify that AM has started correctly
N.B. the setup requires an external datastore i.e. not embedded datastore
- This is because setup an embedded DS requires use of the configurator, but FBC will already be available from source control so the configurator needs to be avoided.
Running the tests
Inflexible aspects of the implementation