This article will describe the steps that you need to take when making a change to the service schema in AM (aka the configuration), in particular this will focus on how the upgrade rules should be created and applied.
Currently there are two ways to change the service schema in AM:
- In the xml schema files that use the sms.dtd
- Through annotations on POJO's in the AM codebase
In either case when a change is made upgrade rules will need to be written so that customers can continue to use their configuration.
Currently there are 3 ways a customer might upgrade AM's configuration:
- Manually through the use of the Upgrade step
Using the openam-config-upgrader and rules
- to update Amster files
- to update FBC files
Checklist of required actions
As part of a schema change the following tasks need to be completed
- Create an upgrade step for: AM Upgrader
- Create upgrade rules for: Amster
- Create upgrade rules for: File Based Config
The openam-config-upgrader is released with AM and is the tool for upgrading both Amster-export and FBC AM configuration.