- Check if the PAM Radius client library (pam_radius_auth.so) in installed in “/usr/lib/security/” folder.
- Otherwise compile the library by following instructions at http://freeradius.org/pam_radius_auth/
- To enable PAM based authentication for SSH, add the pam auth radius library to pam.conf file.
In My Linux environment it look like following -
- Create server configuration file. An example is given in the file pam_radius_auth.conf. You will need to copy this file to /etc/raddb as "server".
In My environment it appears as follows -
- Ensure that following flags are enabled in UNIX login configuration file -
Define a Radius Client in OpenAM with same shared secret defined in /etc/raddb/server file.
Now the setup is completed and when you login to UNIX host PAM module will perform the authentication against OpenAM radius server.